Fruity Health Bars
CategoryBack to School
Cook Time20 mins
What you need:
- 75g/3 oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 75g/3 oz Odlums Porridge Oats
- 250ml jar of Apple Sauce
- 125g/4 oz Dried Apricot, chopped
- 125g/4 oz Shamrock Sultanas
- 50g/2 oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2 oz Sunflower Seeds
- 25g/1 oz Sesame Seeds
- 25g/1 oz Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g/2 oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line a swiss roll tin 28cm x 18cm (11″ x 7″) with greaseproof paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the tin.
- Put the apple sauce into a large bowl, add the apricots, sultanas, sugar and seeds. Mix well.
- Add the oats, flour, coconut and eggs to the fruit mixture and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly, press down well.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in tin, then lift out onto board and cut into bars.